Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forget

"They quickly forgot His works; They did not wait for his counsel, But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.." -Ps. 106:13-14

How often do I forgot what God has done for me, and my family in the past? 
How often do I stop to praise Him, for what he is doing in my life, and my friends life? 
How often do we all share these God given victories with each other? 

"... They made a calf in Hored and worshiped a molten image. thus they exchanged their glory for the image of an Ox that eats grass.. They forgot God their Savior, who had done great things in Egypt." 

What is my "calf" that I put before God, after he has given me so much? 

"... And shed innocent blood, The blood of their sons and their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Cannan; And the land was polluted with the blood..." 

They become consumed with there idols, and sinful desires. 
What good and righteous things am I sacrificing to my sinful wants in my life?

"Therefore the anger of the Lord was kindled against His people, and He abhorred His inheritance. Then He gave them into the hand of the nations, and those who hated them ruled over them.... There enemies also oppressed them, and they were subdued under their power.." 

Can you make it without God? 

"...Nevertheless He looked upon their distress When he heard their cry; And he remembered His covenant for their sake, and relented according to the greatness of His lovingkindness. He also make them objects of compassion In the presence of all their captors." 

God is Faithful. God gives us Victories. Remember. Tell them. 

What Victories has God given you this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment