Friday, June 18, 2010

OiL.

Call me ignorant- but I had no idea that an oil spill happened until a few weeks after. Once I heard about it, i thought "whats the big deal? It's a bunch of going green, environmentalist, who care more about puppies than humans are making this such a big deal." Seeing that it was still a big deal- about 3 weeks later, I decided to do some research of my own. Here's what I found.



First- Check out some pics from the Oil Spill. I was surprised.

Obama addressed the situation on Wednesday. And had no issue telling BP that the Oil Spill was there fault, and was going to pay for the damages.

And Then yesterday BP CEO Tony Hayward got his chance to address the world-





Some people were not happy with Hayward's response it seems:


Overall, I feel bad for Hayward and BP. Sometimes I wonder if one person simply gets stuck with the crappy part of things. When the company as a whole are responsible.

Just interesting.

Further Reading for your pleasure:
BP owes $20 Billion
Hearing with Hayward- doesn't seem to go that well
Obama's complete address about Oil Spill
35,000-60,000 barrels a day

4 comments:

  1. I love that you included the funny video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for you! :D. -- my one and only reader!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read toooooo!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update your blog Tay!! :]] I want to read more of yours!

    ReplyDelete