Thursday, September 8, 2011

Me + Parks and Rec + Youtube = LAUGH.

LAUGHTER: To express certain emotions, especially mirth or delight, by a series of spontaneous, usually unarticulated sounds often accompanied by corresponding facial and bodily movements. (The Free Dictionary)







I am not sure what it up with babies laughing on Youtube. But I found over 9,000 results. Parents, find something to do! I guess that's what happens with you have children...you only have them and Youtube. Dangerous.



(This video is not funny, do not waste your time watching the whole thing. BUT check out that DOG!)

So, back to the topic at hand, Laughter. How many times a day do we laugh? According to Sue Haldenbrand, (A women who has an internet blog and is probably not a very reliable source, but while we define Wikipedia and Urban dictionary as reliable in the internet world, I'm going to argue a woman named Sue is just, of not more reliable therefore we will trust her research) Adults laugh 17 times a day! Go ahead and read her article here.

What makes you laugh? Your child? Your siblings? Your boss? Life? Work? TV? Movies? Friends? What do you laugh at? I often make myself laugh and most of the time it is embarrassing. I've recently realized, I talk to myself... ALL the time. ALL THE TIME. Like, today. I went to the mall, thinking that it opens at 9:00 am. I pull up with my big sunglasses and Starbucks coffee, all excited to get a new pair of jeans. I walk up to the door and notice a few people are standing outside. I'm thinking "That's weird. People get inside and do your shopping!" (Which I'm not sure if I thought that or said that out loud) Then I get up to the door and saw the hours... the mall didn't open until 10?! Me, being me, and frustrated, I say, out loud, 

"What mall opens at 10!? Lynchburg sucks!" 

I continue to rant and rave as I stomp to my car. Once I got back in my car, I remembered, all Malls open at 10. And I just had to laugh. So I drove my non muffled car, big sunglasses, country music blaring, and Starbucks drinking self to target. I just laughed

When I am not laughing at my dramatic,overactive self, I am often laughing at TV. I love laughing with: 

Tina Fey
Amy Poehler
 When I am not watching 30 Rock, I am watching the HILARIOUS TV show- Parks and Recreation



Parks and Recreation is by FAR one of the funniest shows on television. Some people mistake it 'for being too much like the office.' When, in fact, the Office cannot compare with the clever humor Parks and Rec wittingly creates. If you need a dose of laughter in your life, I invite you, as a friend, to pour yourself a yummy beverage or buy some skittles and watch the Pilot episode of Parks and Rec. 

Here is just a preview of the pilot: 




And just another small glimpse:



Now, the big news. THIS FRIDAY. Like, tomorrow, I will finally be watching the entire Season 3!!!  My friend and I will be watching five and a half hours of straight Parks and Recreation. I'm going to make sure we do it, Leslie Knope style. This will include and is not limited too, coffee, candy, popcorn, whipped cream, and possibly breakfast food. I AM SO PUMPED.

What are you doing this Friday? Whatever you do, make sure you make time to LAUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment