Thursday, June 9, 2011

I think I just lost my life.

We're all allowed bad days right? Do you ever have a bad month, semester, year? Is that possible? I'm going to say, YES. This past semester was a whirlwind of so many things. Ups and downs and everything in between. I think in three months I experienced every emotion humanly possible. And now, here I am, in the midst of summer, ready to recharge.

The one thing I could be proud of this semester was how hard I worked in school. I'm what one would call, an 'overachiever.' I'm overly organized, I go the extra mile, I get papers done weeks in advance and really, I just try wayyyyy to hard.

Being the overly prepared person I am, I saved everything to my external hard drive. Having all my four years of college and all my memories trapped in that little device brought me so much security and pride. I finished my portfolio this semester, along with many PR plans and, well hundreds of hours of work.

I was SO EXCITED this summer to go through and perfect everything I ever made! I was going to create and awesome kick-ass portfolio and make everything else top notch! SO PUMPED.

Then, I made a HUGE mistake. HUGE. I decided to trust the postal system and mail my external hard drive to myself. (I was at my grandmas for the week) After the package got lost in the mail, made it to the destination, (where I no longer was), it was returned back to my house.

You can imagine how happy I was to be reunited with my computer, external hard drive, power cord, red polka dot bikini, keds, and a few dresses.

Then, when I opened the box, I noticed my external hard drive and power cord were missing. They were gone. They had been mailed, but were not in my package.

Now, I cannot imagine they 'fell out.' Those two items were specially picked by someone to steal out of a slit in the top of the box. And to that person I would like to say,

"Thank you. Thank you for stealing my entire life. I hate you."

So, this summer will be spent remaking everything I ever did. Great.

Today I tried to go through and find everything possible in my emails and on line.. I found about 3 things. I'm seriously so thrown. I'm just wondering what else life would like to rip from my hands.

I will never mail anything again. I'm not kidding. That makes more excuses for road trips.

If someone does happen to read this post, I would appreciate only hate comments regarding the postal service. There are no positives to come out of this situation.. only tears and a waste of time.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your hard drive blows up in the hands of the lowlife individual that stole it and deforms their face for a lifetime of pain and embarrassment. I'm very very sorry for this frustrating situation!!

    ReplyDelete