Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Haley the Nanny.

"I want to be an astronaut when I grow up."

"Why Abby?"

"Because then I get to see where all the balloons went."

Being a nanny has brought a variety of experiences to my feet and it has been...well, an experience.

Sometimes hard, sometimes easy, most of the time fun, many times challenging.

I have had SO many laughs and good times with these two girls.


The conversations that go on between a 4-year-old and a 9-year-old are amazing. I love getting involved.

Here are just a few examples:

'Haley, have you ever kissed anyone?'
"No Abby. Boys are gross.'
'Yeah, but you are in college so we know you kissed someone. Elle told me college people kiss.'
...... I kept denying.
'Haley, what does kissing feel like?'
The conversation pretty much ended there. :]

I am trying very hard to explain to the girls, they can be independent women. They don't need a man, they can do it alone... at least for a while! This is perfect during the 'boys are gross stage.' We do a little handshake, and celebrate the fact that we are all independent women together.

'I am always going to live with mom and daddy.' - Abby
'Even when you have a husband?' -Elle
'I'm not going to have a husband!' - Abby
'Why?' - Me
'Because... boys are gross. And I am an independent woman!!' -Abby

I think I am training this 4 year old pretty well. :]

This summer has consisted of always having to play the evil queen during pretend, dancing to Taylor Swift, playing just dance, going to swimming lessons, dealing with tears and attitudes, hanging at the library, ice cream and popsicles, crafts,  movies, sponge bob, sidewalk chalk, and hula hooping.

And honestly, it has been exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment