Monday, October 17, 2011

ENJOY!

This weekend was so much fun! I hiked up a mountain, I know, a freakin' mountain. And I cooked chicken! And green beans and mashed potatoes... nothing burned... although the potatoes did kind of explode... but, no one was hurt.. :]. I went to church and got a bunch of stuff done last night, I went to sleep feeling accomplished and ready for anything new.

And I woke up today thinking... I need to enjoy life more. I know I have blogged about this multiple times-- but I think that shows it is a continual left lesson for me. I get so caught up in the next thing, or what is new, what new goal can I accomplish this week, or what task will arise for me tomorrow. Gosh, it is EXHAUSTING.

I want to know what is going to happen with the rest of my life? I want to know if I should attend grad school? I want to know if I should move to a city or stay in a town? I want to know where God wants me next, I want to know who my spouse will be.... But, you know what, sometimes I think it is best if we don't know. That might be right where God needs us to be. Not knowing, for me, can produce anxiety or stress, when really, isn't not knowing the perfect time to demonstrate faith?

The only thing I do know, is that God has me here, right now, and that's all I have.

"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Instead of sitting and thinking and planning and dreaming and wondering... I need to just stop, look at what I have in this moment and enjoy. Because, let's be real, if I don't start enjoying life now, I'm not sure I ever will. That's another thing I'm learning, practice good habits now, so you don't have to break bad habits later... but I'll leave that for a different post.

Enjoy your week!

-Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment